Table of Contents
Team Vision for Detailed Design Phase
Initially, the team had intended to all work in tandem solely on the game itself from the very start. Our weekly meetings consisted of us brainstorming ideas for different designs of the game, including Degree of Freedom implementation and the type of game/gameplay.
Towards the end of the phase, the team sectioned off into two groups: one in charge of development of the game itself, and the other focusing on creating a robotic arm for the purpose of play-testing. We managed to put together specific goals for each team and their individual members.
Progress ReportAt this point we have successfully developed a draft design spec for functionality of the game including aspects such as:
- Visual Layout
- Gameplay Mechanics
- Difficulty Management
- Performance Logging
Many of these aspects have a preferred solution as well as a few alternative options that could be implemented. It is the goal moving forward to solidify the design decisions and discuss with our customer which options are preferable.
Our testing apparatus team has come up with the design and put together a bill of materials that outlines the parts necessary to build the device. They will be doing proof of concept testing on the flex sensors in the coming weeks.
Prototyping, Engineering Analysis, SimulationFor a prototype we have have started to play around with the flex sensors. We have a single flex sensor for a finger connected to an Arduino. This will allow us to read the values serially into the computer. The values need a slight modification to fit the format that the final packets will be.
Bill of Material (BOM)
Design and FlowchartsMockup of Game Design and flow of screens a user may move through during a session:
- Updated assessment from Preliminary Detailed Design or link to other location. Have you driven the likelihood and/or severity down as you worked through the details of your design?
- Include a snapshot of your current risk assessment as well as a link to the live document.
Plans for next phase
- By now and next semester our team is planning on getting all of the documentation finished. We want to polish up and make any last changes to the documentation. Additionally we are looking to order a few more things for the testing so we can get started right away.
- We are interested in looking at working with some of the tools we are working with to get a head start for next semester.
- We also want to be able to relax before the next semester crunch time
- If we can get one degree of freedom working in the early stage it will work as a good foundation for the rest of the project.