Build & Test Prep
Table of Contents
This page documents our progress in the Build and Test Prep phase of MSD II.
Team Vision for Build & Test Prep PhaseOur team level goal for this upcoming phase was to organize and order materials as well as meet with Rob Kraynik in the Brinkman lab to discuss manufacturing and show him our drawings.
Test Plan Summary
Use your test plan to summarize test results and assess effectiveness of test plans to unambiguously demonstrate satisfaction of the engineering requirements
Human Subject Research Testing Summary:
Part of the test plan involves testing the device on human subjects. In order to start these trials, a submission must be presented to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) at RIT. Components for this submission include (but are not limited to):
- Form A
- Consent form
- Distributed materials (email to potential participants)
- Set up
- Data to be collected
- Protocol for participants to follow
- List of data collection tools
- Ensure test plans are in place
- Ensure that all applicable test standards have been cited (e.g., ASTM)
- Ensure all ordered materials have been received
- Ensure team has space and equipment necessary to begin building and testing
Risk and Problem TrackingProblem tracking document: here.
Design Review MaterialsInclude links to:
Plans for next phaseTeam Three Week Plan: Use current materials to begin the assembly of the prototype while preparing additional material for the next iteration of the upright walker. The team will review notes from the meeting (01/23/2019) with Rob Kraynik and consider new material suggestions and manufacturing changes.
- Prototype #1
- Prep material for prototype #2
- Review possible material/manufacturing changes
- As directed by Rob Kraynik
- As an individual on the team, what are you doing to help your team achieve these goals? (Use the individual 3-week plan template for this)
Individual 3 week plans: