|Project Summary||Project Information|
What are bedside tables?Bedside tables are prevalent in hospitals and nursing homes and are a necessity for patients when they need to eat food, read, or assist in other activities. The table can also hold personal items like medicine, cups, or assist nurses in their every day care for the patients.
The ProblemOur customer Rochester Regional Health Network (RRHN) identifies key problems with their current day bedside tables. With the bedside tables used in their hospitals, it’s difficult for patients to eat and nurses to operate. This project aims to improve current bedside tables to include more convenient features. An existing prototype exists in the Industrial Design department and we aim to assist in the improvements for easy mobility, height adjustments, and expanding the table to increase surface area.
Table PartsWe identified and labeled the parts of the table so that whenever a part of the table is referenced, everyone will understand what part of the table we're actually referencing.
|Stephanie Chu||ME||Project Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mendy Yu||ME||Communication, Engineeremail@example.com|
Team Values & Norms
- Project manager post ‘to-do’ tasks every Tuesday & Thursday after class in facebook page and email. Reminder in messenger
- Give warning in messenger for arriving late to class and outside meetings
- Make sure everyone’s on same page (say your thoughts even if you think they might be silly)
- Everyone complete assigned tasks before next class
- Look at minutes for individual tasks
- Be prepared for class: Review the schedule before every Tuesday and Thursday, do everything listed there for class and be ready to engage in the conversation for what will occur in class. Be ready to discuss anything you may be confused about (maybe have it written down in you logbook)
- Group meeting for any conflicts (idea, not performing role)
- Communicate in person or messenger if other courses, personal issues are a priority
- Avoid multiple conversations at the same time
Work Breakdown: By Phase
|MSD I||MSD II||MSD I & II|
Customer Handoff & Final Project Documentation (Verification & Validation)
Work Breakdown: By Topic
|Project Management||Design Tools||Design Documentation||Implementation/Validation||Presentation & Dissemination|
Imagine RIT Exhibit