TipibilityObjective: To determine if the table will tip over when subjected to the maximum loading.
- Table Prototype
- Spring Scale (at least 10-35 lbs)
Loads will be applied at farthest end of the table from the support where there is the greatest danger of tipping. The load will be increased until the table tips over and then recorded.
- Set up testing apparatus in an open area
- Apply smallest load to loading point and determine if any tipping occurs
- Increase the load until max weight, stop if table tips before max weight reached
- Adjust angle of table legs
- Repeat until leg angle cannot withhold at least 40 lbs
- Record data down
Attached spring scale to farthest point from supporting rod.
- Not secure attachments of the table top and the support rod, might have skewed the data.
- Connection tot he table top and rest of the supporting rod held well
- Having the legs be perfectly aligned across each other helped counteract one another.