Feasibility: Prototyping, Analysis, Simulation
What type of method to be used to move the base
Solution: Through prototypes and simulations Materials:
- 80/20 bar stock
- Different environments to simulate hospital floors
- Have each person push different floor types with felt, casters, etc.
- Time each run for a defined distance (ex. 1 meter)
- Use 3 different weights (no weight, some weight, a lot of weight)
- Repeat 5 times
- Evaluate team findings from simulation
What is the reactionary moment on the supporting
- Average laptop weight: 5 lbs (2.3 kg), we will use 3 kg weight
How can we make the height adjustment mechanism easily usable by patients (patient strength)?
- Benchmarking height adjustment mechanism
- Survey what patients like better
- Test the different ergonomic feasibility for different height adjustment mechanism
- How much force used through testing?
Where is the center of gravity of the bedside table? No load? Max load? Solution: Test using ID team's prototype and the table in MSD Things to consider: Factor of safety Materials:
- Linoleum floor
- Beside table
- Placing different loads where maximum moment will occur (5lbs - 15lbs)