Preliminary Detailed Design
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Preliminary Detailed Design PhaseDuring this phase phase, the plan is simply to test the components intended for use in the design to ensure that they will suit our needs. Completing this task will allow for a comfortable greenlighting of the current design plans and schematics.
Feasibility Testing & SimulationsShown Below are a set of HDPE Calculations performed for this project.
- Ensure Sufficient Motor Torque
- Determine Energy Required to Move System
- Determine Effects of Temperature on Mechanical Performance
- Confirm Capability of Chosen Motor Driver to Drive Chosen Motor
- Characterize Motor Parameters
- Measure Worst Case Power Consumption
- Generate Simulated Sensor Data: Used to Run Repetitive Testing on Motor Movement
- Measure Accuracy and Sensitivity of DOF Sensor
- Test and Refine Serial Communication Between Raspberry Pi and Arduino
- Test Network and Remote Access Setup
- Configure for Linux/Raspbian
- Measure Worst Case Power Consumption and Heat Output
Design and Flowcharts
Risk AssessmentThe gimbal will need to be prototyped before we can definitively conclude how we intend to handle coil cabling, rotation limit switches or weatherproofing.
We need to find a way to perform thermal and environment testing on the assembly to determine its temperature and humidity tolerance. During this process and in choosing our components, we need to be well aware of the individual temperature ratings of our parts. As it stands, we may have found a suitable option for this set of testing.