Planning & Execution
Table of Contents
Intellectual Property Considerations
There is no IP associated with this project. Most of the information gathered during this project may be used for other projects asweel as used by our customer Spectracom.
Our team has split up into several roles mimicking a traditional business:
What Are We Good At?
- Monitoring documentation consistancey and integrety
- Ensures team follows processes
- Maintains Adgenda and helps each member get what they need
- Coordinate Project Scheduling, Risk Management
- In charge of information on EDGE
Purchaser / Treasurer
- Maintain BOM
- Handle all purchases
- Manage Budget and keep record of all items
- Understands entire system and has a deep technical know-how on indiviual components in the system
- Is able to link all requriements
- Is able to figure out how to get Customer requirements accomplished
- Is able to help flow of information through the team
- Incharge of final stage of design and gives final approval
- Maintains contact with customer, guide, and tasks
- Manages Peer Evaluations
- Keeps Meetings in order and organizes how we discuss information and when to move on to the next topic
Project Plans & Schedules
PurposeEnsure timely delivery of all required work products, identify prerequisite tasks with owners, ensure special resource needs are met.
Our Project Plan consists of separating into 3 phases. We have a research phase, design / prototype phase, and design validation phase. We expect to complete all phases by the end of the semester.
Research Because our team is not too knowledgeable in the field this project covers, we found that we will need to research existing technologies and understand the field before coming up and brainstorming design ideas. Doing the research beforehand also helped us make valid decisions on how to come up with our engineering requirements. By understanding what is required from us, we are able to make better decisions on what is required.
Design / Prototype Our design phases is yet to be started.
Design Validation Our validation phases is yet to be started.
Risk Assessment and Growth Curves
Other Team Resources
- Planned meeting space: MSD Design Center
- Planned build & test space: Design Center, EE Senior Design Lab, CE Projects Lab
- Training: lab/studio safety, fire safety, laser safety, hazardous waste management, shop safety
Peer Review will be conducted internally by our chief facilitator.
George Slack - Faculty advisor - email@example.com
Ryan Johnson - Product Manager, Orolia - firstname.lastname@example.org
'Brent Abbott - Engineer, Orolia - email@example.com