P19310: LORD Vibration Isolator/public/
Team Goals For This Review
|Finalize a complete design output||Completed|
|Update and complete all design documentations||Completed|
|First Draft of MSD II plan||Completed|
|Complete Risk Assessment||Completed|
|Order any long lead-time parts||Completed|
Problem Definition RecapAs a continuation of project P18310. Project P18310’s purpose was to build two vibrating mass systems to demonstrate the effectiveness of LORD’s TVA (Tuned Vibration Absorber) technology at trade shows and academic presentations. Project P19310’s goal is to take the existing unit and refine the design and software to create a more effective and portable solution.
The key goals of this project are:
- De-couple the two vibrating masses
- Re-write existing QT code into MATLAB
- Reduce packaging size and weight of system
- Reduce footprint/Improve packaging
The key constraints for this project are:
- MATLAB must be used for display software
- Weight reduction
- Maintain ruggedness, product needs to be rugged enough to survive multiple trade shows
- Improve products ability to clearly and effectively show the benefits of the customer’s TVA
- To be easy to assemble and disassemble.
- Be portable and require only a standard outlet connection to operate.
link to the full BOM here
Electrical System and MATLAB
link to the MATLAB conversion Files here
link to the Electrical System Schematics here
link to the Full System Prototype Video here
link to the Full Mechanical Drawings here
Test Plans Addressing Engineering Requirements
link to All Test Plans here
link to Full Risk Management here
MSD II plan
link to Full Plan here
Upon completion of MSDI , a few lessons were learned :
- Communication with the guide is crucial.
- Work separation between the EEs and MEs is efficient if communication of the cross disciplinary deliverables is established.
- Ensuring that every team member is assigned to a task to reach full productivity.
- Always try to finish all work in advance by allocated time for review before each phase review.
Suggestions for MSDI :
- Find a better way for tracking work instead of the use of logbooks, since all work is done digitally.
- Modify or simplify the process of the EDGE website for easier document upload and presentation.
- the MSD class should be a 4 credit hours class instead of 3
- Would prefer more purchasing freedom from other vendors, having a strict vendors list makes purchasing choices more time consuming.