P19318: Thermochemical Conversion of Food Waste/public/
Table of Contents
MSDII Gate Review Notes
- Customer seems happy with final product
- Group wishes we had gotten the system ready earlier so we could have calibrated the system
- Happy with the UI.
Planning for MSDI is easier because there isn’t actual work to be done
- The phases for MSDII seemed to not be motivating like the phases in MSDI because it didn’t keep us on track.
- Use better practices while drilling
- Lock up stuff
- Pay a greater interest in the other subsystem’s
- Planning for stuff to go wrong
- Don’t use crappy tools.
- Collecting data for the first time
- Finishing up the breaklines into the BGR
- Finishing up the boards
- Learning how to use CAD and make BOMs
- Shahzain - could have been planned better, didn’t consider all the steps.
- Brent - Drilling took so long that all the planning went out the window because we were so far behind. Had to rush to finish.
- Liam - Plans to do things on his own, but that means if he got behind it would double of the work. Ken, the guy who runs the lab and holds the tools, wasn’t on Liam’s schedule
- Pak - By the end, the plan had deteriorated to a point where the plan went out the window. Was told things will only take a couple two hours, but things didn’t work that long.
- Alex - the electrical side could have been done a month before, and pak should have kept on top of our plan better.
- Learned how much it can affect the planning of a project.
- We need to look deeper on for risks, before the team finishes
- Ordering stuff from the EE BOM
- Learned how risks compound, for example - if the EE side falls behind, then we can’t calibrate the system.
- ME used problem solving method, just didn’t necessarily record it.
- EE messed up and would just redo it.
MSD Plus and Deltas
- Pak liked it, you see a lot of the aspects of what can go wrong and what can go right. Like how it was multi-disciplinaries
- Alex MSD I phases felt too slow, so we didn’t have enough prototyping typing.
- Brent - We learn a lot of this stuff on co-op, so we it feels like we were doing a lot of busy work. Don’t really like the edge site, difficult and confusing to work with.
- Liam - didn’t like the documentation, the class didn’t work for the EE side. Should have teams start coding soon enough.