Build & Test Prep
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Build & Test Prep Phase
Phase SummaryAs a team, our plan for this phase was to review what we accomplished in MSD I and begin to create steps to execute our plans in MSD II. This included summarizing the tests we will be conducting on both the electrical & mechanical sides, as well as re-evaluating our risks in order to minimize problems throughout the semester.
On the mechanical side, we have proceeded to laser cut a prototype chassis and are beginning to test the fit with the rest of our 3D printed mechanical parts.
On the electrical side, we have finished PCB development and have placed our first run order so that we can begin testing it's functionality and compatibility once it is delivered.
In general, we have ordered the majority of the parts we need for our test plans and are doing well in terms of budget and timeline.
Test Plan Summary
Updated Project Budget & BOM
Risk and Problem Tracking
Plans for next phaseAs a team, by next review we hope to have solid prototype models on both the mechanical & electrical sides of the team, so that we can begin to integrate our subsystems in phase 7 and hopefully have a working car to test.
- Purchase remaining parts for prototype
- Continually update project plan, budget & BOM
- Assist mechanical team with assembly documentation
- Testing and documenting
- Assist the team assembling the prototype
- Find a place to source hardware parts
- Assemble the electrical parts together
- Run test plans and document them
- Design how to install any electronic components left on the car
- Continue working on test software
- Assist Fatma with testing on breadboard
- Verify PCB when it arrives
- Finalize rear suspension design
- Test part durability
- Continue on support ideas