Preliminary Detailed Design
Team Vision for Preliminary Detailed Design Phase
Our Plan For This Phase
Electrical Team: Planned to research and select components, as well as get familiar with KiCad for schematic and PCB design.
Mechanical Team: Planned to continue designing chassis and subsystems, as well as begin to lock down vendor materials to be used in our final product.
What We Accomplished In This Phase
Electrical Team: Accomplished what was planned, as well as made significant progress on the schematic and creating a first pass at the PCB layout.
Mechanical Team: Accomplished what was planned, as well as tested out 3D printing and got familiar with processes over at the construct.
Design Concept Selection
Feasibility: Prototyping, Analysis, Simulation
Drawings, Schematics, Flow Charts, Simulationshere
Bill of Material (BOM)here here
Plans for next phaseFor the detailed design phase, we will be finalizing all designs on both the mechanical and electrical sides of the team. We plan on having the majority of our sourced parts on order as well as components 3D printed/laser cut so that we can jump right into MSD II with materials on hand ready to be assembled and tested.
Safwan's 3 Week Plan:
- Finalize chassis design and material
- Analyzing load and stress on the chassis using ANSYS software
- Following up with test plans to test the components
Fatma's 3 Week Plan:
- Research connectors
- Research extra components needed to be implemented on the board
- Check the compatibility of board with other microcontrollers
Cam's 3 Week Plan:
- Finalize physical car designs
- Get all top priority items ordered before end of semester
- Begin some initial testing
David's 3 Week Plan:
- Finalize design of power circuitry
- Test H Bridges with Motors to ensure desired functionality
- Finalize component selections
Jack's 3 Week Plan:
- Finalize board schematic
- Figure out final package footprints for all components and place on PCB
- Meet with SME to review PCB layout
Brian's 3 Week Plan:
- Complete Final design on parts
- Look into assembly aiding 3D printed parts
- Design support structure for boards