Table of Contents
Team Vision for Problem Definition PhaseOur team attempted to accurately define our problem with the help of our customer, as well as begin to develop a plan to move towards each deliverable.
Our team has a good understanding of the task at hand and we have organized our customer and engineering requirements based on the end goal of the product.
Project SummaryThe main aim of this project is create a new platform to build and assemble a remote car that can autonomously navigate a track. The NXP car is used as a reference to develop a working car model so that students in the Interface Digital Electronics (IDE) can learn how to interface and program a small car to autonomously navigate . The primary input for the control algorithm is a camera that will be mounted on the chassis which can cover the entire width of the track at once. The track is two foot wide polymer with a one inch black stripe on each side of the track. The redesigned car should be easy to assemble, withstand minor crashes and cost effective at the same time. The target budget is $300 (or less) and should not exceed $400. The expected deliverables are working car model, detailed drawings, documentation of test results followed by a technical paper and a poster.
Use CasesUse for the computer students in the IDE Course
Providing race car kit to High School STEM programs
Project Goals and Key DeliverablesWe will deliver:
- Working car prototype
- Detailed drawings and documentation
- Assembly instructions
- User Manual
- Necessary design files for producing chassis and control board
- Test results
- Technical paper
- Brief presentation of the project as a whole
- Quickly outlines the problem, solution, and results
Customer Requirements (Needs)
Engineering Requirements (Metrics & Specifications)
The Project Constraints are :
- Tight Budget <$300
- Weigh Under 2 lbs
- Car dimensions shall not exceed a width of 6 inches and length of 12 inches.
- Control board can interface with different micro-controllers
- Must support 1-D monochrome Camera
- Robust Car Chassis
- Car speed must be > 10 per second and less than 20 per second
- No special tools shall be required for assembling
House of Quality
Plans for next phase
Links to Individual 3 Week Plans: