P19415: Vacuum Former for Haiti/public/
Team Vision for Detailed Design PhaseDuring this phase, our team's plan was to:
- Finalize our concept design and other evaluations for our design to be efficient and logical.
- Finalize Bill of Materials to start ordering materials
- Begin buying parts and materials for our build
- Finalize our CAD models and drawings/schematics for each subassembly.
- Test plans for the parts of the system
- Investigate customer requirements and engineering requirements to check for any updates and ensure on track to meet important ones.
- Investigate mitigation of risks defined in previous phases.
- Draft preliminary schedule for MSD II
All the plans listed above have been successfully accomplished and uploaded on EDGE.
Team progress reports will also be posted here
Prototyping, Engineering Analysis, SimulationAdd photos from heater testing
Drawings, Schematics, Flow Charts, Simulations
Bill of Material (BOM)
Heating Element Test Plan
- Machine shop (welding area)
- Tests to be run:
- Measure temperature at different distances (infrared thermometer)
- Check for reaction of materials being heated (ABS/HIPS)
- How long does one propane tank last?
- Heat settings
- Is it going to be too hot? (100,000 BTU)
- Can we diffuse it/redirect it?
Vacuum System Test PlanBefore construction of the full system, we plan to perform testing on the vacuum subsystem. This will help find any design problems in the subsystem and correct them before testing the system as a whole. We plan to test the following:
- Time to draw vacuum on one tank
- Time to release vacuum on tank
- Time to release vacuum through piping system
- Vacuum force drawn on mold/plastic (Qualitative)
- Full system testing
Risk AssessmentNo new risks were identified during this design phase. The full Risk Managment document can be found under the Risk Management page.
Design Review MaterialsInclude links to:
- Notes from review
- Action Items