Planning & Execution
Table of Contents
In order to ensure a successful project experience for our team, the first thing we completed was developing team roles, values and norms, and a schedule for the project.
Intellectual Property ConsiderationsOur team plans to leave our intellectual property in the public domain so that it is available for use by anyone who wishes to use the design for their own use. However, if the SOIL Organization asks to keep the intellectual property, we will assign it to them.
Our team leadership and roles were assigned as follows:
Jake Wexler (Project Manager) - ISEE
Ryan Caferra (Lead Engineer) - ME
Keith Mirsky-Ashby (Associate Lead Engineer) - ME
Joseph Cermak (Purchasing, BOM, Testing) - ME
Alejo Mozo (Communications) - IE
Saad Alqahtani (Facilitator) - ISEE
Team Values and Norms
- Each team member will arrive at the team meetings on time, and expected to have everything needed for the meeting.
- Each team member is required to notify the team if he won't be able to come to the meeting.
- Each team member is expected to share his ideas within the group.
- Email or WhatsApp group will be used for team discussion.
- Must keep up-to-date with other team members of his progress
- Each member must complete his assigned task on time.
- If a member doesn't know how to complete the task, he should ask for assistance from the others.
Behavior and Ethics
- Each member of the team will listen to and respect others’ ideas
- Limit phone usage during meetings
- Team members will act ethically in all decision making to respect the needs of all stakeholders
Project Plans & Schedules
Risk Assessment and Growth Curves
Other Team ResourcesPlanned Meeting Space- MSD Design Center
Planned Manufacturing space- ME Machine Shop
Planned Test Space-MSD Design Center/ ME Machine shop
RIT Saftey training required for ME Machine Shop
PurposeProvide feedback that enables improvements in effectiveness and efficiency of individuals and the whole team.
- Instructions and EXAMPLE must be deleted before the Problem Definition Review.
- Identify an owner for this document.
- Each team member will assess each of their team mate per the criteria established in the Values and Norms section.
- Each member will acknowledge excellent behaviors of their fellow team members and provide constructive recommendations to improve the team effectiveness and/or efficiency. (plus/delta recommendations)
- Considering the purpose, the team should anticipate potential failure modes associated with construction and use of this document.
Inputs and Source
- Team members.
- Template and Example.
- Reference doc.
Outputs and DestinationReview form that is shared with Guide at the end of each cycle. All peer reviews are done using the myCourses peer2peer tool, and teams will discuss the results with their guide after each phase.
- Customer Point of Contact: Sarah Brownell
- Primary method of cimmunication will be by email
- Alejo Mozo will be the team member in charge of
- All team members will be CC'd on emails
- Pre-read for design reviews will be sent by email one day before the review
- In Team communication will be done using a groupchat
in Whatsapp and by email
- Communication with the guide will be during class time or with additional meetings as needed
- Our guide prefers to be contacted by text message