Planning & Execution
Table of Contents
Intellectual Property ConsiderationsIt is unexpected that new IP will be created through this project. If however, if IP is created, team M.U.S.I.C. has agreed on two points. First, the Rochester Music Hall of Fame shall continue to have free use of that IP. Second, that all team members will share in profits from licensing the use of that IP.
Team Setup/ Roles
Project Manager: Eric Szyjka
- Maintain consistent and orderly documentation standards
- Ensure that the team follows plan laid out by MSD staff
- Project scheduling
- Risk Management
Facilitator: Jason Schulz
- Coordinate peer evaluations
- Objective party to keep team on track
Communications Lead: Vincent D'Arrigo
- Point of contact for sponsor and MSD staff
- Responsible for relaying information to team
Purchasing: Kevin Leonard
- Maintain BOM
- Handle purchases and budget
Team Values and Norms
PunctualityIdeally, absences from meetings are infrequent, and have been communicated in advance. Poor performance in this category would be indicated by consistent absences, without supplying group members with notice before the fact.
ThoroughnessIt is necessary that all team members complete the tasks that they are assigned, or seek help to accomplish the same in a timely manner. Poor adherence to this value would be indicated by incomplete tasks, or tasks that are completed without adequate thought/effort.
ProfessionallismTo behave professionally, we must treat all others associated with this project with due respect. The use of appropriate language in formal settings, as well as maintaining civility in discussions, is important. Additionally, recognizing contributions to research and build stages of the project are important, and will be considered with this value.
CommitmentIdeally there will be a roughly equal distribution of work within the team. A low score in this value category would indicate a lack of contribution to the current phase of the project.
PurposeDefine the team's expectations of its members and used as the basis for peer reviews.
Outputs and DestinationIncorporate when considering team plus/delta recommendations during Peer Review
Project Plans & Schedules
The live document can be found here.
Risk Assessment and Growth Curves
Based off our project constraints and understanding of the problem, the following risks were identified. Actions to minimize the risks were considered as a part of this analysis.
Link to live document can be found here: Risk Assessment
Peer ReviewsThe first peer review is scheduled to be completed by September 14, 2018. A link to the peer review template can be viewed here.
- Customer point of contact - Tony Gross
- Preferred method of communication - Call or Text
- Team member to handle customer communication -
- Team will be cc'ed on emails with customer contact, but day to day contact through texts and calls doesn't need to go to all team members.
- Pre-read documentation will be shared with customer at least by noon, one business day in advance.
- Within-team communication
- Preferred method of communication - GroupMe Application
- Include guide in communication when topic bears relevance to guide, or the guide has requested.
Project ReviewsThe Problem Definition Review is scheduled for 9/13/2018, at 11:00 AM. The presentation slides can be found here.
The Problem Review Feedback Notes are located here
See Also, Gate Reviews