Table of Contents
Team Vision for Problem Definition PhaseThroughout the problem definition phase, the MUSIC team has worked to successfully identify:
- A defined problem statement.
- A complete list of customer and engineering requirements.
- A risk management analysis.
- Identification of all stakeholders to satisfy their needs during the design phase.
- A project schedule
Project SummaryA stage can be the center piece of any performance and focuses the audience's attention on the performer. Rochester NY is quickly becoming one of the great music capitals of the country, attracting artists and musicians from all over to perform there. The Rochester Music Hall of Fame has recently acquired a small venue with plans to hold many future events and performances. The need for a stage is in confliction with the small amount of available floor space. The Rochester Music Hall of Fame has identified the opportunity to contstruct a stage with the ability to be stowed against a wall, out of sight to save floor space, the Murphy Stage.
A project summary can be viewed here: Murphy Stage Project Summary
Potential stakeholders for the project include but are not limited to:
- Rochester Music Hall of Fame worker
- During stage performance
- At event where a stage is not needed
Project Goals and Key Deliverables
The primary goal of this project is to develop a stowable stage for the purpose of maximizing useable floor space when the stage is not needed.
- Installed Murphy Stage by May 2019.
- User’s guide with set up & take down instructions.
- Parts list.
Customer Requirements (Needs)
View the live customer requirements document here.
Engineering Requirements (Metrics & Specifications)
View the live engineering requirements document here.
Constraints include but may not be limited to:
- Modification to the existing wall will be for fastening purposes only.
- Stage transformation must be manageable by one person.
- All electrical needs will be powered by existing 120 VAC wall outlets.
- The stage will pose no danger to any person at any time.
- The design must be hard to visually distinguish from a wall while in the stowed, upright position.
House of Quality
A link to the live House of Quality document can be found here.
Design Review MaterialsThe Problem Definition Review is scheduled for 9/13/2018, at 11:00 AM. The presentation slides can be found here.
Plans for next phaseThe following items are what we plan to accomplish during the next 3 week phase (Weeks 4-7)
- Functional decomposition
- Analysis, prototyping, and/or benchmarking of critical technology
- Concept generation
- Concept Selection
- Systems architecture
- Refined Risk Assessment
- First cut of test plan
- Systems Design review with customer and guide
Link to individual 3 week plan: