Planning & Execution
Content related to this node can be found in the Project Management directory.
Intellectual Property ConsiderationsIntellectual Property will be given to Genesee Country Village and Museum.
- Role: Project Manager
- Strengths: Decisive, Inquisitive, Good Leader
- Improving: Documentation / Personal Organization
- Role: Lead Industrial Engineer
- Strengths: Planning, Works well in a group, Brings IE knowledge to the team
- Improving: Coding / Wiki Formatting, English / Grammar
- Role: Lead Fabricator
- Strengths: Fabrication, Ingenuity, Takes Initiative
- Improving: Communication
- Role: Communications & Team Facilitator
- Strengths: Documentation, Organized, Good Communicator
- Improving: Coding / Wiki formatting
Team Values and Norms
- Communication: Team members will use GroupMe or email to keep on tasks, organize meetings, and work together on the project.
- Preparedness: Team members will come to meetings with their assigned tasks done and ready to move forward with the project.
- Professionalism: Team members will be respectful of each other and agree to resolve disagreements in a calm manner.
For the complete list, please click on the following link MSD Team P19454 Norms & Values.
- Hailey Sanidad is the point of contact for the
- Preferred communication is by email, phone calls and text messages are also acceptable
- Communication will take place prior to meetings, interviews, and reviews
- The following people should be included in all team
- MSD P19454 Team Members
- Art North (MSD Guide)
- Juilee Decker (RIT Liaison)
- Peter Wisbey, Brian Nagel, and Becky Wehle (GCVM Customers)
- Pre-read will be sent as a .PDF 24 hours prior to the review, EDGE links may also be sent to the review attendees
- Team members will use text messages and the GroupMe app for short communication updates, reiteration of meeting times, or general questions
- Team members will use email for longer questions or project updates in addition to updating the Trello site for individual tasks
- Art North (Guide) will be updated by Hailey Sanidad through text, email, or review of the Trello site
Project ReviewsPreparation, notes and actions, etc. Refer to Gate Reviews page, as well.
- Problem Definition Review occurred on September 13th, 2018. Customers Peter Wisbey and Brian Nagel were in attendance as well as RIT Liaison Juilee Decker.
- Systems Design Review is scheduled for Tuesday October 16th.
Peer Reviews will be completed on a monthly basis by team members or more frequently if needed.
To review the first Peer Evaluation, please click on the following link Peer Evaluation 1.
Project Plans & Schedules
PurposeEnsure timely delivery of all required work products, identify prerequisite tasks with owners, ensure special resource needs are met.
Inputs and Source
- Team members.
Outputs and Destination
- Team task assignments and deadlines.
- Project review.
Risk Assessment and Growth Curves
Other Team ResourcesYour team may have other resource requirements. With your customer and guide, your team should identify:
- Planned meeting space (default is MSD Design Center)
- Planned build & test space (e.g., Design Center, EE Senior Design Lab, CE Projects Lab, ME Machine Shop, Brinkman Lab, other faculty lab on campus, onsite at customer location, etc.)
- Any RIT or customer safety training required to use
- RIT Training may include, for example: lab/studio safety, fire safety, laser safety, hazardous waste management, radiation safety, gas cylinder training, shop safety
- Full list of available RIT courses is available here. If you have an external customer, they may require additional training.