Subsystem Build & Test
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Subsystem Level Build & Test PhaseWhat did your team plan to do during this phase?
- Get all build materials in needed for test fixture
- Build test fixture & begin testing
- Submit Imagine RIT Proposal for by February 8th, 2019
What did your team actually accomplish during this phase?
- Fixture has been constructed
- Test location has been determined
- Additional test equipment is being researched
- Imagine Proposal has been completed & confirmed
PurposeMeet Engineering Requirements 1,2, and 5.
- ER1: Maintain sound level for spectators
- ER2: Measure current damage
- ER5: Keep sound level below damage level
- Laptop - Has audio file on it. Connects to amp with aux chord
- Amplifier - As of 2/26/19 a amp has not been found that can be used
- Speaker - PIONEER CS-R580 FLOORSTANDING SPEAKERS - Power 150W 8 Ohms (provided by our Guide, Art North)
- Window/Mounting - made by the team
The image above was taken from a paper on the sound levels produced by Finish artillery (https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1260/0263092011493181). The low frequency, high amplitude response is what we are aiming to reproduce with our sound sample.
Cannon Sample 1
Cannon Sample 2
Both of these clips have the high amplitude low frequency response we are looking for. They are not exactly the same as the 155 mm cannon but are likely close enough. (This is sample 1.) (This is sample 2.)
- Ability to conclude if the low pressure frequency waves are the primary cause of the damage
- Estimate for window life measured in number of "cannon firings"
Risk and Problem Tracking
Functional Demo Materials
- Pre-read was a link to this EDGE page and the previous phase of Build & Test Prep
- Link to the GCV&M Webinar from Feb. 20, 2019 will be posted after the review
- Imagine RIT Proposal 236: Artillery Fire at GCVM has been approved, more details pending
- Notes and Action Items will be posted after the review
Plans for next phase
- As a team, we aim to nail down the final items needed to begin testing (such as test location, speaker equipment, scheduled test dates, recording equipment, etc.)
- Keep team and clients updated