Customer Handoff & Final Project Documentation
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Final Demo and Handoff
During this phase, the objective was to finish implementing the final products and designing the housing. Additionally, we have documented the entire project and made several recommendations for the future work. The technical paper and poster were successfully submitted to the office.
Test Results Summary
Videos of test can be found here.
Risk and Problem Tracking
Final Project Documentation
- Our team's technical paper can be found here.
- Our team's final poster can be found here.
- The software for our device can be found: here
Performance VS Requirements
- Base station to Detection system
- In-Car Device
Recommendations for future work
- Add radar to detect other direction
- Customize PCB for base station with transmitter integrated
- Customize in-Car device PCB and case to reduce size
- Wireless communication between the base station and detection system
- Be more careful with hardware
- More money in budget for higher end equipment
Functional Demo Materials
- Base station
- In-Car Device
- Detection system
ConclusionsCurrently, the technical and physical design and implementation of the device is complete. Since this project was a proofof- concept design, actual implementation in the real world will not be completed through this course. The device would require town, and possibly county permits to be able to place it next to the road. It would probably also have to be certified that it is reliable enough to use, and contracts would need to be made in order to sell this product to users, for liability concerns.
The P19501 team has made several recommendations for future work and included them in the technical paper that can be found above.
|Member||Link to plan|
|Patrick Landers||Link to document|
|Vu Le||Link to document|
|Danielle Fischer||Link to document|
|Ricky Witherspoon||Link to document|