P19501: Blind Turn Warning System/public/
Team Vision for System-Level Design PhaseDuring the Systems Design phase, we planned to research and select major components of our system, such as what type of vision detection system we will be using and how the systems are going to communicate with each other. After deliberation during the Morphological chart creation and the concept selection, we narrowed down our options for the design of this system and so far have a structured outline of the components we plan to use. We used benchmarking and research to come up with ideas for each problem we had to solve, and then used our selection criteria to rank each solution and decide which is the best fitted for our particular problem. The conclusion of this design phase is a narrowed down list of designs for the blind turn warning system.
Feasibility: Prototyping, Analysis, Simulation
- What form of communication would be best to use between devices?
- How much power will the system consume?
- What is the best vision detection system to use?
- How can the system be made weather proof?
- How far should the detection system be installed from the base station?
- What frequencies should the base to car device operate at?
Designs and Flowcharts
Design Review Materials
The following presentation was given on February 26, 2019: System Design Presentation
Plans for next phase
|Member||Link to plan|
|Patrick Landers||Link to document|
|Vu Le||Link to document|
|Danielle Fischer||Link to document|
|Ricky Witherspoon||Link to document|