Integrated System Build & Test
Table of Contents
Your website should document your journey through MSD, so include work-in-progress as well as latest results. Use pdf's for display whenever possible so that information is easily viewable without the need to download files and open applications. (Your EDGE file repository should still contain original editable files).
All template text must be removed prior to your Integrated System-Level Build & Test Review
Team Vision for Integrated System Build & Test PhaseSummarize:
- What did your team plan to do during this phase?
- What did your team actually accomplish during this phase?
Test Results Summary
Summarize test results and assess effectiveness of test plans to unambiguously demonstrate satisfaction of the engineering requirements
- Quantitatively summarize the capabilities, performance, throughput, and robustness of your subsystems as demonstrated by execution of the test plan. Document your testing with photos or videos in addition to test data.
- Evaluate how well the test plan was able to confirm satisfaction of subsystem and system requirements
- Include snapshot of testing completed to date, and include link to live requirements and testing document
Inputs & Source
- Test Plan
- Subsystem fabrication
Outputs & Destination
- Test Results
- System integration
- Customer Handoff
Risk and Problem TrackingThroughout the duration of this phase, the team was able to add to the list of risks for MSD 2. We came up with 10 additional risks, bringing our current total for MSD 2 to 40. The majority of the new risks that we came up with were related to the school closing early due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The live risk document can be seen by clicking here.
During this phase, the team was able to close out a few of the problems that were encountered in previous phases. However, we did run into an additional 4 risks that manifested themselves into problems. The problems that we ran into are as follows:
- A global pandemic occurs, which halts team production and greatly affects MSD.
- Team is no longer able to meet in person.
- RIT closes for the rest of the semester.
- Imagine RIT is canceled.
The live problem tracking document can be seen by clicking here.
Budget/Bill of MaterialsDuring this phase, no additional parts or materials were purchased. The team had initially planned on purchasing a part for the back support component of our design. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the university was closed for the rest of the semester, which led to all prototyping and building being concluded. Given this, no additional parts or materials are going to be purchased and we were able to finalize our bill of materials and our budget. During MSD, the team spent $310.20 of the $500 budget, leaving $189.80 left. The live bill of materials document can be seen by clicking here.
Functional Demo MaterialsInclude links to:
- Presentation and/or handouts
- Notes from review
- Action Items
Plans for next phase
- As a team, where do you want to be in three weeks at your next demo with your customer (if you haven't already done this)?
- As an individual on the team, what are you doing to help your team achieve these goals? (Use the individual 3-week plan template for this)