Customer Handoff & Final Project Documentation
Table of Contents
Your website should document your journey through MSD, so include work-in-progress as well as latest results. Use pdf's for display whenever possible so that information is easily viewable without the need to download files and open applications. (Your EDGE file repository should still contain original editable files).
At the end of this phase, the team will have completed their project handoff. This includes providing both the prototyping materials and documentation to your client.
All template text must be removed prior to your Final Demo and Handoff
Team Vision for Final Demo and HandoffSummarize:
- What did your team plan to do during this phase?
- What did your team actually accomplish during this phase?
Test Results Summary
Summarize test results and assess effectiveness of test plans to unambiguously demonstrate satisfaction of the engineering requirements. Include photos and videos as appropriate
Inputs & Source
- Test Plan
- Results of system integration
Outputs & Destination
- Test Results
- Final documentation: paper, poster, manuals
Risk and Problem Tracking
- Update your Risk Management. At this point, your risks should all have been driven to 0.
- Update your problem tracking.
Final Project Documentation
- Include a link to your team's technical paper using the template here.
- Include a link to your team's final poster using the template here.
- Include links to final design documents as
appropriate. Copy and paste the work breakdown by
topic table from your team's project home page and place
it in this location to capture items such as:
- Final BOM
- Manufacturing and Assembly Instructions
- Operator Manual
- Service Manual
- Recommendations for future work
Functional Demo MaterialsInclude links to:
- Presentation and/or handouts
- Notes from review
- Action Items
Note: be sure your client is able to access your complete documentation package after you leave campus.
- While on-campus project clients can access EDGE, including the Private folder, they may not be familiar with the EDGE user interface. Confirm with your client that they either already have all required documentation OR that they know how to get it after you leave.
- Since clients without an RIT account are not able to access the Private folder of EDGE, the team is expected to download a complete documentation package and provide this to the client off-line.
Plans for Wrap-up
- As a team, what do you need to do to conclude your project?
- As an individual on the team, what are you doing to help your team achieve these goals? (Use the individual 3-week plan template for this)