|Project Summary||Project Information|
Optimax is an optics manufacturer located in Ontario, NY. they specialize in manufacturing, testing and delivering small volume, high precision optics, in a short amount of time. Optimax manufactures optical devices to be used in areas such as aerospace, semiconductor, military defense, consumer electronics, and many more.
Currently Optimax is using passive displays and written brochures when going to recruiting and community events. This does not show really what optimax does, or who they are as a company.
This project involves creating an interactive display that both draws people in and really shows what the company is all about. The display should also be easily transported and be able to be set up and run by a person who does not have a technical background and who would only need a short amount of training in order to operate the display.
Here is a link to our RIT wiki page if you want to see more about our project: https://wiki.rit.edu/display/P20518/Project+Overview
|Samuel Kuhl||Mechanical Engineerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brian Powers||Computer Engineeremail@example.com|
|Jacob Smyth||Industrial Engineerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Isaac George||Mechanical Engineeremail@example.com|
- Creates interest in Optimax
- Be within 4'x4'x6'
- Under 60lbs
- Takes less than 1 hour of training to use
- Good quality
- Appealing design
- Easy to set-up
- Minimal electrical needs
- Be aware of any information that you or your sponsor might not want publicly available: confidential information, personal phone numbers, photos, etc. You can use the private directory for this information, and it will be available only to those users with Guest access to your site. Remember that once you post something online, it's nearly impossible to remove it entirely!
- Do not post any files on your site that are not yours, unless you are certain that they are in the public domain or you have received permission to post them. Examples of files that you should avoid posting are copies of published papers, standards documents, textbook chapters/excerpts, or copyrighted images. If you have received a .pdf of a paper through Interlibrary Loan, or purchased an ASTM or ISO standard, you may post it in the private directory, where only your team and guide will have access to it.
- If you are including contact information for people that would otherwise not be publicly available, make sure you have their permission. For example, your faculty advisor's email address and office phone number are already publicly available on the KGCOE website, and is fine to post. However, if he or she has provided a cell phone number to the team, that is most likely not public information and should not be posted without explicit permission.
- Comment out this text once you've read it.
Click here to see Sam Kuhl's practice file.
Work Breakdown: By Phase
|MSD I & II||MSD I||MSD II|
Customer Handoff & Final Project Documentation (Verification & Validation)
Work Breakdown: By Topic
Use this space to link to live/final documents throughout the project. Your team should customize this as-needed, with input from your guide and customer. The example below will address most of what most teams need to capture.
|Project Management||Design Tools||Design Documentation||Implementation||Validation||Presentation & Dissemination|
Communication & Minutes
Pugh Concept Selection
Design Review Documents
Imagine RIT Exhibit
- Be sure to include any relevant sponsor acknowledgement throughout your site.
- Acknowledge any other support you have received from people at RIT or elsewhere.