Table of Contents
Team Vision for Detailed Design PhaseSummarize:
- During this phase, our team planned to complete our designs, order all required parts, have a plan for machining/printing parts, and prepare for a smooth transition into next semester.
- Our team made significant progress on our designs but have not finalized them. There is still time before the semester is over to make final edits, order our parts, and make our master plan for next semester.
Prototyping, Engineering Analysis, Simulation
- All of our prototyping this phase has been physical 3D prints to demonstrate our designs. No further analysis and simulation has been done.
Drawings, Schematics, Flow Charts, Simulations
- Master doccument is in progress but a link to it can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AmTtv38bk7-VVoLRx6e3otztjzmEBgg9pPDv_ZCsxCw/edit?usp=sharing
Bill of Material (BOM)
The BOM is used to organize the parts we expect to purchase and the CAD file name structure we are using.
Click the following link for the Risk Management active working document
Design Review MaterialsInclude links to:
- Need to come up with surrogate material for testing
(most materials will not behave like carbon fiber)
- In meantime, buy string of same diameter
- Nylon or flax fiber tow, fishing line
- Add tow/fiber to BOM
- Giant spools of fishing line?
- Method of spooling fiber onto custom boats
- Purchase cheap re-spooler
- Chuck something into a drill?
- Don’t take this lightly, will catch on itself and potential to ruin machine (lateral motion is harder to control)
- Software quote: $4000 for converting to machine code
- Still need to get answer to what it actually outputs
- Brochure said it outputs as text file, but can ask for sample of output
- Isaac to reach out
- Have standard packages, but we can customize
- Bifurcation? Can we do it in this software?
- Dr. C had braids done with branching, but done at NC company that went out of business
- Branching and merging - critical transition
- Late next week PC will be ordered, but we don’t
need it until later
- Will be in by January
- Will update Dr. C on semi-final BOM with color-coding
Plans for next phase
- Before the semester is over, our team has to finish our designs and begin ordering parts. We also need to complete our plan for making any parts we do not order.
- To prepare for MSD II, our team will finalize a work plan, a gant chart, and any other documentation to allow a smoother transition into MSD II. Each member will work on specific tasks to faciliate this.
- Asa: Create work plan and manufacturing plan for parts.
- Ryan: Create gant chart and identify gaps we need to fill.
- Brandon: Complete controls plan and finalize component selection.
- Shehaab: Wiring plan and assist Brandon with controls.
- Isaac: Continue designing and printing prototypes.
- Gus: Continue progressing on the CAD and make all purchase orders.
- Allison: Address issues in CAD. Ensure parts are fully compatible with each other.