Team Vision for System-Level Design Phase
The shipper pugh is above.
The dunnage pugh is above.
PurposeGenerate new concept options or combinations that can potentially exceed the benchmark concepts
Feasibility: Prototyping, Analysis, Simulation
From the feasibility chart above Concept 1: Vertical Storage with Insert and Concept 3: Vertical Storage with Built in Dividers are the most feasible.
Designs and Flowcharts
Risk AssessmentDuring this phase, two new risks were added to the risk table and accompanying graph:
- The testing equipment needed for phase two breaks and we are unable to use it. This would greatly hinder our development during MSD 2 and would likely require us to visit other locations for testing and incur serious time or money penalties.
- Current sample of WindowSkins becomes damamged. This could be a major issue as the windowskins we are currently using to perform time studies will eventually be shipped out to a customer. Therefore to maintain WexEnergy's high standard of quality and reputation we need to be very careful when handling them.
When comparing all of the risks we found three that were tied with the highest score, and are therefore the ones will shall try to mitigate the most:
- Material performs worse than expected
- New packing time is longer than expected
- Scheduling conflicts with senior design 2
For any supplementary information on the risks please see the associated live document with all risk data.
Design Review MaterialsInclude links to:
- Presentation and/or handouts
- Notes from review
- Action Items
It is appropriate for you to send your customer and guide a link to this page in preparation for the review. This will ensure that they know what you will be presenting and how to view all of your work. Any EDGE link should start with http://edge.rit.edu/edge/P1xxxx..... Using "http" instead of "https" will ensure that non-RIT stakeholders can view the content without being prompted for a DCE login and password.
Plans for next phase
For the next phase our team will begin the Preliminary Design of the new WexEnergy packaging solution based on the benchmarking and research done during this Systems Level Design Phase. During this Preliminary Design stage our team will propose different box sizes to be custom made, calculate strengths of different corrugated cardboard, and propose an internal packaging solution. The 3E tests will give direction to the design of the packaging solution as the packaging solution is to withstand these standardized shipping tests.