Build & Test Prep
Table of Contents
Team Vision for Build & Test Prep PhaseOur team level vision for this phase is to ensure that all materials necessary for subsystem testing as well as long lead time materials for system testing are procured. In addition, we will review our detailed design, budget, schedule, and risk management with our guide and customer to ensure full transparency and acceptance of all details of the project. In summary, we will ensure that all materials, designs, and documents are prepped and ready to begin building our design following this phase.
Three Week Plans
Test Plan SummaryEnsure test plans are in place. The documentation for all tests can be found here
- TP1: Sensor Interface Subsystem - Verify the existing sensor system, and all of its upgrades, are functioning properly.
- TP2: Environmental and Structural Subsystem - Determine the durability an structural integrity of the architecture.
- TP3: User Interface Functionality Subsystem - Ensure all features of the user interface work properly and intuitively.
- TP4: Solids Filter Subsystem - Evaluate the performance of various filtering materials.
- TP5: Flow Rate Subsystem - Ensure the water can be cycled enough to support fish and plant vitality while maintaining a safe level of user effort requirement.
- TP6: Nitrate Cycling Subsystem - Ensure optimal water conditions can be met as well as document all methods and results used to sustain aquatic life.
- TP7: Short Term System (no fish and plants) - Make sure that there are no apperent issues with maintaining the fully assembled system without the presence of fish and plants.
- TP8: Mid Term System (Hydroponics) - Ensure the fully assembled system can sustain plant growth and vitality without the presence of fish.
- TP9: Long Term System (Aquaponics) - Ensure fully assembled system with all components can sustain both plant and fish vitality.
Ensure that all applicable test standards have been cited (e.g., ASTM)
- Not applicable to this project.
Ensure all ordered materials have been received
- All necessary materials needed for subsystem testing have been procured. Please see the link here for the System and Testing BOM, as well as our project scorecard.
Ensure team has space and equipment necessary to begin building and testing
- Location was secured in MSD I in the basement of Gleason. We have communicated with Rob Kraynik that we are able to use the Brinkman Lab to begin building our subsystems.
Risk and Problem Tracking
- Risk Management: Below are the top 5 current risks faced by this project.
- Problem Tracking: This tracker is meant to help outline the process of handling risks when they occur. Below is the only problem currently faced.
Design Review Materials
CAD Model (With Grill)
CAD Model (Without Grill)
Plans for next phase
- Our plan for next phase is to begin subsystem testing in preparation for our Subsystem Demo in Week 6. This includes all 6 subsystems referenced in the above section regarding our test plan summary. Below is our MSP schedule for the next phase. The link here is to the MSP file.
- Throughout this next phase, we will ensure all documentation relevant to the project is maintained, pictures of progress are taken frequently, and we will begin outlining information for our final deliverables.