Here is a short list of Graphical User Interface (GUI) clients to make Subversion working copies easier to use:
- GUIs for Microsoft Windows
- TortoiseSVN - This is the recommended MS Windows client for EDGE users at RIT
- GUIs and plugins for Mac OS X
- ZigVersion - free license for non-commercial use available
- Subversion Client and Server for Mac OS X
- SCPlugin is a third-party client that integrates with the Finder in a manner similar to TortoiseSVN
- svnX is an open source SVN client
If you are using a GNU/Linux distribution, you should use your distribution's package manager to install your Subversion client.
The Subversion Home website has extensive documentation on how to download and install your own copy of the program.
You can read the FAQ for the subversion package for more background.
If you wish to take full advantage of the version control capabilities of the EDGE web site, you will need to have a subversion client installed on your local laptop or desktop computer.
Parent node: Subversion Help