Table of Contents
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
10 Oct 2006 Design Review Schedule
Design Reviews - Locations and Schedule here
Questions about Microsoft Project?
Microsoft Project is available in the EE Senior Design Lab, the ME PC Lab, and the Gleason Computer Lab, as well as a few other computer labs on campus. While you are not required to use Project to build your team's MSD schedule, it is a fairly straightforward tool designed for just this purpose.
4 Sept 2006 Before class on Friday, September 8, you should do the following:
- Familiarize yourself with this website. In particular, edit your user information, review course information, and review information about available projects. This website is a work-in-progress so please be patient as the site continues to evolve. Use the bugtracker to submit questions or problems.
- Purchase the textbook and read chapters 1,2,4, and 16. This material will help you get the most from the all-day workshop on September 8.
- Attend one of three (optional) "Project Information
Sessions." Faculty will be available to provide overviews
and answer questions about the four project "tracks" and
specific projects within those tracks:
- Monday, Sept. 4, 5:00-6:00pm (room 09-1129)
- Tuesday, Sept. 5, 1:00-2:00pm (room 09-1129)
- Wednesday, Sept. 6, 9:00-10:00am (room 09-1129)
- Bid on a project track before 6:00pm on Wednesday, Sept. 6. Each "track" includes several specific projects. Faculty will assign you to a specific project within a track -- you will be notified of your project by the end of the day on Thursday, Sept. 7. (See below)
Classes will start on Friday, Sept. 8, with an all-day workshop (9:00-12:15, 2:00-5:30) in the Xerox Auditorium. All-day workshops will continue on weeks 2&3. See the course syllabus and schedule below for more information.
We are all looking forward to a productive and enjoyable quarter!!